If you are tired of tired looking eyes, you have probably done many trial and errors to get rid of those unpleasant bags so your skin can look rejuvenated. Which is why, opting for a safer ingredient like shea butter is important.
Formulating a shea butter under eye treatment for a DIY eye cream is a great decision. First, it does not have any water in it. Although, water based creams make the skin hydrated, as time goes on, it dries your under eyes out.
The Issue with Conventional Eye Creams
Apart from the toxic ingredients in conventional eye creams, choosing homemade ones are better. The conventional eye creams temporarily narrow the blood vessels or coat the skin on top to tone it temporarily. Moreover, antioxidant eye creams are the worst.
Natural Prevention for Under Eye Wrinkles
This shea butter under eye treatment features a butter that triggers the production of collagen so it tightens the skin and eliminates the appearance of wrinkles around the eye area. In addition, it helps eliminate inflammations, which fights against puffiness while getting rich doses of vitamin A, E, and F.
Coconut oil is also added into this cream and it is amazing for your skin. It is rich in essential fats and lauric acid, which is known to improve the blood circulation to your eyes and it makes the connective tissues stronger.
The addition of beeswax helps lock moisture into your skin that combats wrinkles. The rosehip seed oil has aging benefits as well, and it does not leave your face feeling greasy. To finish it off, geranium essential oil is used to fight against inflammations, wrinkles, and it clears under eye circles.
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of beeswax
- ½ teaspoon of rosehip oil
- 4 drops of geranium essential oil
- Mason jar
- 2 oz glass jar or steel tin
- In the Mason jar, add all the ingredients except for the rosehip seed oil and geranium essential oil. Add water halfway in a pot over a stove over medium heat, and put the Mason jar into the warming water.
- As the water heats, the ingredients in the jar will melt together. Make sure the water is not boiling, just simmering. Keep stirring the contents in the jar so everything is well incorporated.
- As soon as everything has melted and mixed in, take the jar out of the water.
- Pour the concoction into a mixing bowl, let it cool down, and add in the essential oil.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass jar and apply a tiny bit under your eyes and eyebrow every night.
This is an easy and affordable shea butter under eye cream you need to know how to make. With its help, you will be able to get rid of tired eyes and say hello to plump under eyes.