Have you recently started to notice that your cheeks feel a little flabby or are lacking the firmness that they used to have in your youthful days? Genetics combined with the consequences of aging can cause the facial tissues and skin to gradually relax and as the skin loses elasticity, gravity kicks in and our cheeks start to sag. While you cannot fight old age and gravity, you can still follow the below tips to treat those sagging cheeks to some extent without getting under the knife of a plastic surgeon or applying heavy botox injections:
Your cheeks have muscles like the rest of your body. So just like the way you exercise to tighten your other muscles, similarly, you can do certain facial exercises to tighten up your cheeks. Here are three of these exercises:
- Smile as wide as you can for about 10 seconds and then let go. Repeat this five times. Make sure you are doing the most exaggerated smile you can possibly pull off.
- Fill up your cheeks with air just as you would do if you are inflating a balloon. Keep it that way for 10 seconds and then release the air. Repeat this exercise five times as well.
- Form an O shape from your mouth. Slightly tilt your head backwards then move your jaw up and down in order to open and close your mouth. Repeat five times.
Massaging your face helps in boosting oxygen to your facial muscles which rejuvenates sagging skin. Facial massages help in increasing blood circulation and also remove toxins from your skin.
You can purchase a rechargeable hand held vibrating massager online or from a local store and use it to effectively massage your facial skin. Make sure it does not pull your skin. You can also massage manually in the following way:
- For two complete minutes massage the area just above your cheekbones in a circular motion clockwise using both your hands. After that go a little bit down where you can feel your teeth and start massaging for two more minutes.
In order to treat sagging cheeks, use retinol creams to increase the production of collagen. As we age collagen levels in our skin decrease which results in sagging cheeks. For tightening our cheeks back to the way they were before, we need to produce more collagen and retinol serums definitely help in that.
Natural DIY Masks
We can mix up some commonly found ingredients to create homemade masks and apply them to our skin to get back the firmness that our cheeks are missing. The following are two of the most effective ones:
- Avocado and honey – Mix two table spoons of honey with half of the avocado pulp, apply it on your face, leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse off. This mask work wonders in firming up the skin.
- Yogurt and Aloe Vera – Four tablespoons of plain yogurt mixed with two table spoons of Aloe Vera gel has helped many women in getting rid of sagging cheeks.
There you go… You can use the above mentioned ways to get rid of those sagging cheeks without undergoing any face-lifts…