A cup of coffee is the best way to start one’s day. It helps you become more alert, and hate the world a little less. You become much more active and efficient when it comes to completing the most mundane tasks. This is all thanks to that mighty ingredient present in coffee called caffeine.
Yes! It is this substance that stops you from nodding off during work or in the middle of an important meeting. It keeps the system refreshed for a further 4 – 6 hours so you can successfully complete all the routine activities that need to be completed.
So, if caffeine can do you such a huge favor to your energy level, then what else can it do? You might not have thought of this but a coffee eye mask can actually help you get rid of those pesky dark circles. Don’t believe us?
Coffee Eye Mask and Dark Circles
Look at it like this. Dark circles or puffiness around the eyes are caused by lack of sleep, though there are other reasons such as hereditary, dehydration, poor diet, stress, hormonal changes, and other health issues that contribute to them.
But let us focus on the lack of sleep for one moment. The lack of sleep usually can contribute to the puffiness around the eyes and those large bags of dark circles forming under the eyes. That is because you are running very low on sleep.
What happens when our organs are not able to perform day to day functions due to lack of sleep? We drink coffee. So, why not use the same thing that wakes us up internally, externally?
First, let us tell you the benefits of a coffee eye mask before we tell you how to make it:
- The caffeine has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties which help reduce inflammation around the eyes and calm the skin under them.
- The antioxidant properties of the caffeine will eliminate the effect of UV rays that cause aging on the eye area which is extremely sensitive.
- The caffeine present in the coffee eye mask shrinks the blood vessels and allows the circulation of blood and oxygen supply, which helps de-puff the eyes and also lightens the darkness of your circles.
- The natural diuretic present in the coffee will draw out the water and reduce the puffiness present around the eyes.
Now let us move on to the mask:
This mask will be made with coffee grounds, mixed with vitamin E oil, and aloe vera. The coffee de-puffs the eyes. The aloe vera reduces the pigmentation around it and also acts as a great moisturizer, and the Vitamin E oil reduces the inflammation.
- In a bowl mix 1 tablespoon of coffee grounds with a tablespoon of aloe vera, and vitamin E oil.
- Stir it well until it becomes a fine paste and then add a thick layer around your eyes.
- Let the mixture sit for 15-20 minutes and then wipe it off with a washcloth soaked in warm water.
- Rinse off the mixture with cold water and then pat dry.
Apply this mask every day and surely within a week or two, literally, you will notice a difference.