Cinnamon is an absolute godsend for our health. Not only does this spice taste and smell great, but it also offers amazing health benefits.
All we need to do is prepare delicious cinnamon milk and unleash the great benefits of cinnamon on our health. But before we enlighten you with all the ways we can benefit from cinnamon, let’s first learn how to make a formidable cup of cinnamon milk.
How to Make Cinnamon Milk
- 1 cup milk
- granulated sugar to taste
- 2 small pieces of cinnamon bark
- ground cinnamon to garnish
- Place a saucepan on a medium flame and add milk and cinnamon bark in it. Heat the milk until it is scalding and little foamy bubbles begin to appear on its edges.
- Remove the cinnamon bark from the saucepan and add sugar. Stir the milk and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- For frothy milk, use a whisk to whip the milk until you see froth.
- Turn off the flame, pour cinnamon milk into a mug and drizzle ground cinnamon for a more aesthetic presentation.
- Enjoy this hot cinnamon milk and benefit from the countless benefits it has to offer!
The Amazing Benefits of Cinnamon Milk
If wakefulness accompanies you every single night then you need a hot cup of cinnamon milk to chase insomnia away!
Milk contains tryptophan, which changes into serotonin once it reaches our body. The latter nutrient modulates sleep. When cinnamon is added to the milk, it brings its soothing effects along. The calmness brought by cinnamon and the sleep modulating effects of milk help people sleep, without fail.
So if you are insomniac and sleep evades you, perhaps a hot cup of cinnamon milk is all you need.
2. Warming effects
If you live in a place where winters are brutal then learn to prepare hot cinnamon milk, because cinnamon certainly knows how to warm you down. Cinnamon milk basically works as a warming tonic in winters and does an excellent job of increasing blood circulation.
If you ever get those shivering jitters in the winter that refuses to go then wrap yourself in a cozy cocoon and sip leisurely on your cinnamon milk.
3. Oral Health
Consumption of cinnamon milk daily can help you reduce cavities, and strengthen gums. And it’s certainly less bizarre than brushing your teeth with activated charcoal!
4. Weight Loss
Cinnamon has this ability to decrease the speed of food procession in the stomach. As a result, a person feels fuller for a longer period time and has less desire to eat.
5. Skin Glow
Cinnamon milk is not only for drinking but can be applied to the skin as well. Leave a spoonful cinnamon in your cup when drinking and place it in the refrigerator to get cold. Right before sleeping, dip a cotton pad in the milk and dab it on your face. Leave it overnight and wash it off in the morning.
The cinnamon milk will reduce the swelling and redness of the pimples and will leave your skin and glow-y!